Read this article before starting your aquarium. You will need to do some regular maintenance to keep your fish and plants healthy!
Piranhas are often depicted as bloodthirsty monsters. In this article we provide general information. That bloodthirst is more fabulous than fact!
smart equipment for fans of marine aquaristics.
Reef Factory is the first company in the world to introduce an entire line of smart products designed for marine aquaristics including numerous devices with traditional functionality yet enhanced by modern technology. They offer aquarists substantial benefits, facilitating aquarium management, improving safety and enabling remote control of the tanks. Due to the innovative Smart Reef system, they also safeguard the health and color of the animals.
Je kunt alle Smart Reef-apparaten overal ter wereld eenvoudig volgen. Elk heeft zijn eigen specifieke functie en je kunt ze afzonderlijk of samen met andere apparaten gebruiken. Als u alle systeemelementen tegelijkertijd wilt controleren, hoeft u geen dure centrale computer te kopen. Elk apparaat is uitgerust met een Wi-Fi-module die je kunt verbinden met je thuisrouter.
All Smart Reef devices can be easily monitored from anywhere in the world. Each performs its own specific function and can be used separately or together with other devices. If you want to monitor all system elements at the same time, you do not need to buy an expensive central computer. Each device is equipped with a Wi-Fi module and can be connected to your home router.
10 devices for a beautiful and efficient aquarium
Smart Reef system consists of 10 devices that can be used by fans of marine aquaristics:
- Thermo control – a device that controls the temperature in the marine aquarium. Apart from standard functions, such as the ability to control the heater and fans or display the current temperature, it can send text/push notifications when the temperature in the aquarium reaches dangerous levels.
- Thermo view – a modern thermometer that presents the temperature on its display and on your phone. It also sends push/text/email notifications to any smartphone when the temperature in the aquarium reaches dangerous levels.
- TDS meter – a linear TDS gauge that presents the TDS value on its display and on your smartphone. When the resin or prefilters need to be replaced, the device sends a push/text notification to the user’s phone.
- Level keeper – an automatic, online-controlled water refill system. In the case of any problems, the device informs the user about incorrect liquid level and refills the water, while displaying the precise refill level.
- Level sensor – a liquid level sensor, which effectively protects your floor against flooding and your aquarium against salinity changes. Just like any other Smart Reef system device, it also informs the user about any abnormalities by sending push/text notifications.
- Salinity guardian – a salinity monitor that presents the salinity level on its display and on your smartphone. It makes it possible to track changes and informs the user about any fluctuations in the salinity level.
- Reef flare – smart LED lamps, one of the most interesting solutions on the market that offers intuitive operation, precise configuration and smart functions. These modern LEDs provide appropriate coloring for the animals and optimum conditions for even the most demanding corals.
- Smart skimmer – a modern version of a protein skimmer. The device informs its user when the cup and the pump need to be cleaned. It delays the startup of other devices and prevents the cup from overflowing, ensuring high skimming efficiency at the same time.
- Dosing pump – a remote controlled, precise and intuitive dosing pump. An exceptionally reliable device.
- pH meter – a pH monitor that presents the pH value on its display and on your smartphone. It makes it possible to review the history of measurements and alerts the user about incorrect pH levels.
Smart Reef – an advanced marine aquaristics system – the first of its kind in the world
Smart Reef system is an unprecedented solution for any fan of marine aquaristics. It makes it possible to quickly monitor the current parameters and to browse the measurement history. The user has access to a parameter panel and dashboards, which provide a scrupulous analysis of measurements and adjustment of all system elements to suit the user’s needs. A dedicated Reef log makes it possible to plan individual tasks and to monitor their history. It can also be shared with other users.
The system is free apart from just a few select features, such as text messages. Significantly, Smart Reef system is regularly updated to enhance its performance. Therefore, it represents an excellent investment.
Reef Factory – from hobbyists for hobbyists
What makes Reef Factory products and philosophy so special? First of all:
- the innovative Smart Reef system, which supports aquarium management;
- online monitoring of all system elements via a smartphone or home computer;
- alerts and push/text notifications sent to the user’s phone;
- Reef log, which supports task planning;
- a parameter panel, manual information input, device data download and – soon – integration with ICP tests;
- measurement history functionality that analyses changes in parameters in the event of any problems that may occur in the aquarium;
- smart devices designed by marine aquarists to address specific needs related to marine tank management;
- no need for any central computer for device management, built-in Wi-Fi module in every device;
- alert functionality that sends text/push/email notifications directly to the user’s smartphone;
- minimalist design;
- remote control and results display;
- smart functionalities.
More information about Smart Reef products and platform can be found on the manufacturer’s website: www.reeffactory.com. It’s time to take your aquarium to the next level!
Aquascaping is hot and naturally that also includes the tools used. Therefore a review of the ADA Pro Scissors Spring and ViV Spring Scissors Curve.
Mike describes keeping and breeding Thorichthys aureus and why they are one of his favourite fish.
Breeding Haplochromis nubilus proved to be a real challenge. The male sent the female to the hospital tank more than once…but we succeeded!
Xenopus laevis – What’s That? Their common name will tell you more: African clawed frog.
The Lake Victoria Species Survival Plan represents an organized effort by North American zoos and public aquariums to conserve as much of the diversity of the endemic cichlids therein as possible.
Communication between Pterophyllum happens in 3 ways. There is a chemical, acoustical and visual way of communication by means of smell, movement or distinct colouring of bands.
Cynolebias: True annual killifish that require slightly different treatment than the East African Nothobranchius.